Winter Water Safety Tips From Colin’s Hope
Almost 30% of Texas children’s drownings happen during the colder months (October thru April). FOX 7 Austin‘s Dave Froehlich gives Alissa Magrum, Colin’s Hope Executive Director, the opportunity to speak to the need during a Safe Kids Austin spot.
Remember these simple tips as you pack for your holiday trips, and prepare for visitors:
- Talk to your family to make a water safety plan.
- Be mindful when you visit other people’s homes – How are their rules different than your own?
- Keep your guard up.
- Pay close attention and WATCH children around water, even when you’re not planning to swim.
- Never leave a child unattended in bathtub, even for a few seconds.
- Enroll in swim lessons and CPR training.
Wishing you a safe and happy holiday season!
The Colin’s Hope Team