Colin’s Hope is posting water safety tips and family activities on social media to help reduce the increased risks of drowning* and alleviate cabin fever during the public health mandates for social distancing. We invite you to join in and boost your family fun by following our posts.
Here’s what’s coming up next week:
- Monday, 2pm CDT LIVE on Facebook
- Play Water Safety Hopscotch with Colin’s Hope (Have your sidewalk chalk ready!)
- Tuesday, 2pm CDT LIVE on Facebook
- Cooking with Colin (Join us in the kitchen for a Colin’s Hope Cookbook cookoff!)
- Wednesday, 2pm CDT LIVE on Facebook
- Thursday, 2pm CDT LIVE on Facebook
- “The X-Effect” Lesson with Special Guest, Dana Gage of The LV Project (This lesson is great for older children)
- Friday, 2pm CDT LIVE on Facebook
- “Water Safety Science: Home Pool Safety Investigation” with Special Guest, Susan Tyson of Tyson Aquatics
Missed this weeks activities? Here’s a recap of our tips from March 16-27:
- Water Safety Science Monday: Orange You Glad You Can Float? Grab two small oranges (Halos, Cuties, etc.), one clear container (vase, pitcher, etc.),one marker and join us for a science experiment.
- Learn The Whole Hand Rules
- Bedtime Stories read by Special Guest, Kim Schults, of Swim Kim and Alissa Magrum
- “Wait For a Grown Up” & “Grown Ups Should Watch You” Lessons
- Water Safety Bingo Live (print your bingo board here and play along with us!)
- Backyard Water Safety Tips and Products
- Water Safety Bingo (downloadable)
- How to Make Your Home Safer
- Water Safety Activities (downloadable)
- Staying Mindful of Unexpected Dangers during stay-at-home mandates
* With kids at home unexpectedly and many parents either working remotely or still required to work outside the home, the risk of drowning for children increases. Kids are naturally drawn to water-related activities and they may spend more time without uninterrupted supervision or in the care of unfamiliar caregivers. It is essential that families give extra attention to the new challenges and dangers this change in daily routine presents. For more information, contact us at email@example.com.