Water Safety Must Be A Year Round Conversation
Are you planning to travel this Holiday season? Water safety MUST be a year round conversation. This year, Texas has lost 104 children to fatal drowning. That is a 36% increase from 2015. THESE ARE PREVENTABLE. Colin’s Hope wants you to be safer around water this season. If you are going on trip, some things to keep in mind and be prepared for are:
- Family or friend’s homes may have backyard pools.
- Hotels typically have pools.
- Does the beach or lake you are visiting have life guards?
- Does your cruise ship have a pool or other water sources?
- Do you have a water safety plan that includes appointing a water guardian?
For more water safety tips, visit the Colin’s Hope Water Safety hub. Please watch and share this short FOX 7 piece as you prepare for travel or time with family and friends throughout the Holiday season. Thank you to Safe Kids Austin and FOX 7 Austin for the opportunity to keep talking about drowning prevention. Happy Holidays from your Colin’s Hope family!