Exciting News About the 2017 Got2Swim!
Colin’s Hope is excited to announce a partnership with Open Water Planet to host The 9th Annual Colin’s Hope Got2Swim 10K on Sunday, September 24, 2017 as part of the Open Water Planet Triton Swim Series.
This partnership meets the need for more and safer open water swimming events and elevates our shared mission of water safety and drowning prevention. We are ecstatic!
The Colin’s Hope Got2Swim 10K is a pledge-raising swim in Lake Travis (brand new location), that starts and finishes at Mansfield Dam Park.
PROCEEDS FROM THE GOT2SWIM 10K SUPPORT THE COLIN’S HOPE 2017 DROWNING PREVENTION INITIATIVES:
- Expansion of the Colin’s Hope innovative and effective Preschool Swim Safety Program (which tripled in size last year and continues to expand!)
- Targeted water safety education card distribution to preschools, child care centers, swim schools, and families throughout Texas and beyond
- Maintenance and expansion of the Colin’s Hope life jacket loaner program at popular area lakes (including the Mansfield Dam Park where the Got2Swim starts and finishes.
- Water safety and swim safety classes for children across Texas
- Expansion of Colin’s Hope safety signage at public and community pools
- and so much more!
Swimmers can participate as a solo swimmer or form 2-person or 3-person relay teams. This epic open water swimming journey will raise incredible awareness and $50,000 for Colin’s Hope. Each swimmer will be accompanied by a water safety team including: a personal Water Guardian kayaker and open water certified life guards.
Each swimmer is required to raise or contribute at least $500 (in addition to the registration fee) to Colin’s Hope. We know it will be a BEST DAY EVER on the water to prevent drowning.
Registration is now open, and spots are limited as this will sell out. Grab your Water Guardian or your relay teammate(s) and sign up. You can see all the details and register here.
We know that drowning is preventable and with your help we can help make even bigger waves in water safety and drowning prevention in 2017. We hope to see you in the water for the Colin’s Hope 2017 Got2Swim 10K and hope you’ll consider traveling as a Colin’s Hope ambassador to swim in another Open Water Planet Triton event. I’m planning to take on the entire series!
Best Day Ever,
Colin’s Hope Executive Director