Thank You for choosing to learn about water safety and drowning prevention through this research study! This comprehensive course will help you to
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS RESEARCH STUDY
- Access to water safety education materials for you and your family
- There are four lessons below. You may complete 1-2 lessons per week and complete the entire course in about 3 weeks.
- Weekly emails for the next 3 weeks* with reminders and easy access to this course
- *You will be automatically removed from our mailing list unless you ask to remain
- A $15 gift card as a Thank You gift for submitting the online Post-Survey at the bottom of this page after you have completed all 4 lessons below
JUMP INTO THIS WATER SAFETY COURSE!
Learn about water safety in 3 simple steps:
- Watch the four water safety videos below. Each video is about 10 minutes long with a total run time of 38 minutes.
- Complete each lesson’s activity.
- Share your feedback with us!
LESSON 1: LEARN. TALK. PRACTICE. PREVENT DROWNING.
Drowning is the NUMBER 1 cause of unintentional injury-related death for children 1-4. Listen as Jeff Holst, Colin’s Dad and Co-Founder of Colin’s Hope shares the importance of water safety and why everyone should learn about layers of protection to prevent drowning.
LESSON 1 ACTIVITY: Take the Colin’s Hope Water Safety Quiz
LESSON 2: RISKY VS. SAFER BEHAVIORS AROUND WATER
Bathtubs, backyards, pools, beaches, and lakes – All of these places have something in common: Water. Watch to see how each location poses a risk to young children and learn about ways you can choose safer behaviors.
LESSON 2 ACTIVITY: Complete this worksheet to reinforce the information you learned.
LESSON 3: TALK TO CHILDREN ABOUT WATER SAFETY
Now that you have learned about (or have been reminded of!) a few things, get your kids involved by talking to them about water safety!
LESSON 3 ACTIVITY: Download and print a Water Safety Bookmark (Bookmark – English; Bookmark – Spanish). Talk to your children about water safety and use the bookmark to create your own set of Family Water Safety Rules.
LESSON 4: BE A WATER GUARDIAN
Practice water safety to prevent drowning. Learn how to use our Water Safety Information Card and what it means to be a Water Guardian for your children.
LESSON 4 ACTIVITY: Take this quick water safety card quiz to see how much you learned!
POST-SURVEY: Complete The Research Study
Thank you for participating in this research study. The information you provide will help Colin’s Hope continue to improve water safety programming and education efforts in order to prevent childhood drowning.
Complete the study and share your experience with us! Fill out this online post-survey after you have finished all four lesson videos and activities. We will send you a $15 gift card as a small gift of our appreciation.
YOU can prevent drowning! Use the additional resources below to learn more about water safety and keep the conversation going in your home with your family.
BE A WATER GUARDIAN today!