Got2Swim Miles Challenge: June 1 – July 31st
MILES CHALLENGE ATHLETES: YOU’RE ALMOST THERE!
Remember to submit your miles by August 5 in order to be eligible for awards.
Registration is now closed for the Miles Challenge, however, check out the Colin’s Hope Got2Swim Virtual Swim & Paddle for another amazing challenge!
Ready to get back into swimming?! As you gather your swim gear this summer, get the most out of your miles with the BRAND NEW Got2Swim Miles Challenge! During June and July, Colin’s Hope is challenging YOU to swim for drowning prevention and water safety awareness. Participation is easy – Register. Swim. Raise pledges (optional, but encouraged). That’s all! Any and all swim distances completed between June 1 and July 31 count; there is no minimum requirement; and total funds raised can be applied to the 2020 Got2Swim 10K & Virtual Swim pledge minimum (if participating). Drowning is FAST. SILENT. PREVENTABLE. Help us keep our year-round work going strong by crushing the Miles Challenge!
Participating is EASY!
- Register today:
- $15 per participant includes a Best Day Ever water bottle OR an Athlete Ambassador swim cap (while supplies last)
- $25 per participant includes an Athlete Ambassador towel
- $35 per participant includes an Athlete Ambassador towel AND choice of Best Day Ever water bottle or swim cap (while supplies last)
- Share your participation on social media! Create your own posts or utilize the G2S Miles Challenge Social Media Kit to raise awareness and gain support for your goal.
- Plan swims throughout June & July with a safety-first approach. Suggestions include:
- Watch this Open Water Safety video and review our open water swimming infographic below.
- ALWAYS have a Water Guardian with you while swimming, whether in the pool or open water. A Water Guardian is an appointed adult who will watch you while you are in the water and can assist in case of an emergency.
- Be mindful of current social-distancing mandates and CDC guidelines in your area. For more info, visit your city/county/state public health websites as well as reviewing CDC website publications such as Considerations for Public Pools, Hot Tubs, and Water Playgrounds During COVID-19.
- Calculate your distances and record them using the Got2Swim Miles Challenge Mileage Tracker or any convenient fitness app. To convert pool laps to miles, use an online distance calculator like this one.
- Add up all distances completed between June 1 and July 31 for a cumulative total. Submit your total via this form on or before August 5, 2020.
- Choose to raise funds and awareness for drowning prevention by creating your own customized fundraising page and asking friends, family, and co-workers to sponsor your challenge.
- Win prizes!
Raise Funds For Water Safety. Save Lives. Win Prizes!
Fundraising during the Got2Swim Miles Challenge is optional but encouraged. Colin’s Hope commits to stretching every dollar gifted to its maximum potential and ensure that critical water safety programs continue to raise awareness and save lives. Be an Athlete Ambassador to help us reach our goal of $25,000. Here’s how:
- Encourage gifting to the Got2Swim Miles Challenge Donation page. Single donations, donations by the mile, donations on a chosen day – all of this is up to you and your creativity!
- Participating in the annual Got2Swim? Create a custom page! Set up your own fundraiser page and let your donors know that these funds count toward your entire summer goal – the Miles Challenge (June-July) and the Got2Swim event (August).
- Donations can be tracked via the online pledge page, or you may use the Got2Swim Miles Challenge Pledge Tracker!
Got2Swim Miles Challenge Prizes
- Most Funds Raised – Total will be calculated for donations between June 1 and July 31.
- Longest Total Distance – Must be submitted here by August 5, 2020.
- Furthest Participant from Colin’s Hope – Washington State? Upstate New York? Another country?! No matter the zip code, everyone can raise water safety awareness to prevent children from drowning!