REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR THE FIRST-EVER
COLIN’S HOPE KIDS SWIM/RUN & FAMILY FUN EVENT!
NO EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY FOR EITHER EVENT.
The ALL NEW 2021 Colin’s Hope Kids Swim/Run is a TIMED swimming and running event for kids of all abilities, ages 4-15*/**.
- All participants are encouraged to participate in honor of a child who has experienced a drowning.
- All Kids Swim/Run participants will receive a Finisher medal, swim cap, special transition area towel, goodie bag, and one rubber duck in the Best Duck Race Ever that occurs between the Kids Swim/Run and Family Fun Event.
- Age-group awards and prizes for top fundraisers are provided.
- *Age on race day.
- **Children who cannot swim across the pool independently and without any type of assistance will be required to wear US Coast Guard-approved life jackets while in the pool area and during the swim portion of the event.
Kid Swim/Run Distances* (approximate)
- Rookies Ages 4-6: Swim 25yd, Run: Less than 1/4 mile
- Juniors Ages 7-10: Swim 100 yd, Run: approximately 1 mile on pavement/crushed gravel trail
- Seniors Ages 11-15: Swim 200 yd, Run: approximately 2 miles on pavement/crushed gravel trail
Thank you for your patience. We are designing new run courses as we moved locations so we’ll have more exact distances & course maps soon.
The ALL NEW 2021 Colin’s Hope Family Fun Event is an UNTIMED 2 person (Adult/Child or Child/Child) water and land event for ages 3 and up designed to be a fun time for the whole family.
- The event includes going down a water slide, pushing a watermelon across the pool while wearing life jackets, a fun obstacle course on land, a brain teaser puzzle, and a few mystery events!
- Children ages 3 and 4 will be required to wear US Coast Guard-approved life jackets in the pool area and during the water portion of the event.
- Any participant who cannot swim across the pool independently will be required to wear a US Coast-approved life vest.
- All Family Fun Event participants receive a finisher award, a special Colin’s Hope swag item, and one rubber duck in the Best Duck Race Ever that occurs between the Kids Swim/Run and the Family Fun Event.
Pledge-raising is optional and all funds raised will help Colin’s Hope work year-round to help parents/caregivers and children to be safer around water.
Dedicate Your Race. Honor a Life.
One of our valued traditions is inviting athletes to connect with our mission by racing in honor and celebration of a child who has lost his or her life to drowning or survived a non-fatal drowning. To do so, please go to the Families United to Prevent Drowning website, scroll to the bottom of the page and read the Stories Collection with your athlete(s). Choose a child from the collection that inspires you and dedicate the race to honor his/her life. Colin’s Hope works side by side with all of the families represented. The families love to know that our athletes of all agess are honoring their children in such a special way. Colin’s Hope can connect you with the family and other athletes who are doing the same to help make this the BEST DAY EVER!
Pledge To Prevent Drowning
We encourage your athlete and family to participate in another one of our traditions – pledge raising. Pledge raising is an important way our valued athletes help us raise awareness about drowning prevention and the Colin’s Hope mission, as well as raise needed funds to keep that mission alive. We may not have the opportunity to reach your friends and family directly with our water safety messaging this year. However, you can reach them by sharing about your participation in the Swim/Run and Family Fun Event and how our mission has touched your family. Please become one of our awesome Athlete Ambassadors through pledge raising!
We are setting the goal high and challenging our Kids Swim/Run and Family Fun Event athletes to raise funds for Colin’s Hope and our continued drowning prevention efforts. Athletes and their families can raise pledges by simply sending the link to the 2021 Athlete Ambassador Pledge Page to friends and family OR athletes can create their own pledge-raising website and encourage supporters to donate to an individual page. ALL pledge raisers will receive a special item to identify them during the events and will be eligible to earn pledge-raising prizes!
THANK YOU TO OUR EVENT SPONSORS!