Register now for the Best Water Safety Walk Ever!
Colin’s Hope is coordinating an organized walk to spread drowning prevention awareness and raise funds. The changes in our daily behaviors brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic have raised the risk of drowning across the nation. The number of fatal childhood drownings in Texas has increased compared to this same time last year. During National Water Safety Month we’d like to provide another way for families to help promote water safety in their community, raise funds to support our drowning prevention efforts, and enjoy quality family time in the process.
Participating is EASY!
- Register your family members that will be participating.
- $15 per participant, includes a Best Day Ever waterbottle
- $25 per participant, includes a Colin’s Hope t-shirt
- $35 per participant, includes both a Best Day Ever waterbottle and Colin’s Hope t-shirt
- Share your participation on social media! Create your own post or use our Social Media Kit.
- Pick Up Water Safety Cards at one of three Austin-area locations.
- Plan some walks (or runs, skips, hops, etc.) throughout the month of May.
- Wear your safety gear to win the Best Family Picture award! See below for more information.
- Pass out water safety cards (safely!) in your neighborhood.
- Calculate your distance and record it. You can use the Best Water Safety Walk Ever Mileage Tracker or any convenience mobile app.
- Add up miles completed by registered participants between May 1 and May 31. Submit the distance completed via this form by June 5.
- Raise funds and awareness for drowning prevention and win prizes!
Pledge-raise For Water Safety. Win Prizes!
Raising pledges during the Best Water Safety Walk Ever is optional. However, Colin’s Hope commits to stretching every dollar gifted to its maximum potential and ensure that critical water safety programs continue to raise awareness and save lives. Be an Athlete Ambassador and help us reach our goal of $25,000:
- Encourage donations to the Team Pledge Page. Single donations, donations by the mile, donations on a particular day – all of this is up to you and your family’s creativity!
- Want to create a custom page? Please do! You can set up your own fundraiser page and let your donors know that these funds are for the Best Water Safety Walk Ever.
- Donations can be tracked via the online pledge page, or you may use the Best Water Safety Walk Ever Pledge Tracker!
Best Water Safety Walk Ever Prizes
- Most Pledges Raised – Total will be calculated between May 1 and May 31.
- Longest Total Distance – Must be submitted here by May 31.
- Best Family Picture! – Must submit a photo walking during Best Water Safety Walk Ever on social media OR by email at email@example.com by May 31. See below for tips on winning this coveted award!
- Furthest Participant from Colin’s Hope – Washington State? Upstate New York? Another country?! No matter the distance, everyone can raise water safety awareness to prevent children from drowning!
More Miles. More FUN!
Whether you’re walking to raise awareness, raise funds, or for pure family fun, check out these tips to help make those miles memorable.
- The Best Family Picture prize is quickly becoming a staff-favorite. Push your photo to the top by:
- Having ADULTS wear their Water Guardian Badges.
- Encouraging the whole family to sport cool water safety gear like properly fitted U.S Coast Guard-approved life jackets, safer swimmer buoys, and brightly colored swim caps.
- Making encouraging signs and posters. Check out our Water Safety Games for cool printables.
- Hand out water safety cards to your neighbors.
- You can pick these up from a few locations in Austin; just give our staff a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Remember to practice safe social distancing if you choose to pass out cards.