REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
The 11th annual Got2Swim 10K is currently scheduled to be held in-person on Saturday, August 22, 2020 (Location TBD).
Colin’s Hope is closely monitoring local mandates regarding COVID-19 safety precautions. It is our intention to preserve the event as in-person with appropriate modifications regarding COVID-19. All modifications and necessary adjustments between now and the event date will be communicated to registered participants in a timely manner. A virtual swim option is available in one-mile, 5K, and 10K distances.
NEW THIS YEAR: A virtual swim option is available in one-mile, 5K, and 10K distances. See below for more information!
Watch this video to hear from Colin’s Hope Executive Director Alissa Magrum regarding updates and new about the 2020 Got2Swim 10K & Virtual Events:
Join Colin’s Hope for The Annual Colin’s Hope Got2Swim 10K & Virtual Events! The 2020 Got2Swim is a solo, 2-person, or 3-person open water swim. This epic event raises incredible awareness and drowning prevention funds for Colin’s Hope. Won’t you join us for the journey? See below for specifics regarding the in-person 10K and 2020 Got2Swim Virtual Events.
BEST DAY EVER THANK YOU TO OUR EVENT SPONSORS!
GOT2SWIM 10K: FRIDAY AUGUST 21, LOCATION TBD
We look forward to seeing new and returning athletes for this in-person solo, 2-person, or 3-person swim!
- Each swimmer participating in the Got2Swim 10K Event must raise a minimum of $500 to support Colin’s Hope and it’s drowning prevention initiatives as part of their registration commitment.
- Solo swimmers are required to have a Water Guardian accompany them during their swim as a safety measure to support swim needs (hydration, nutrition, directional guidance, etc.) and to assist in the case of an emergency. A non-swimming Water Guardian can be the person of the swimmer’s choice who will paddle alongside them in a kayak/SUP for the duration of their swim. If using a SUP, please ensure your chosen Water Guardian 1) has experience paddling for long periods of time, 2) has experience paddling in rough water, and 3) can carry any necessary gear safely. All Water Guardians MUST WEAR a properly fitted and buckled U.S. Coast Guard Approved life jacket at all times.
- Non-swimming Water Guardians must also register for the swim and designate their swimmers. Fundraising is optional for Water Guardians who are not swimming (paddling only). However, in lieu, you are encouraged to support your swimmer’s fundraising efforts.
- All relay team members must register individually and name their relay partners at the time of registration. Relay teams may split the 10K however they choose. One swimmer will be in the water at a time, while the remaining relay team member/s will be paddling. All paddlers must WEAR a properly fitted and buckled U.S. Coast Guard-approved life jacket.
- Relay teams must provide their own kayak/SUP or one can be rented from The Expedition School at an extra cost. Tandem kayaks are highly recommended for 3-person relay teams.
- It is strongly recommended that ALL SWIMMERS use a SaferSwimmer flotation/training device for all open water swims. This float adds to visibility and safety when training in open water where there is boat traffic. (SaferSwimmer flotation/training devices can be purchased through the Colin’s Hope webstore as well as other online outlets.)
- Every participant is required to complete the online 2020 Colin’s Hope Got2Swim Water Safety Lesson prior to participating in any Colin’s Hope in-person open water swim event, including organized training swims.
- Customizable online fundraising pages are available for soliciting and tracking donated funds and can be set up here. **NOTE: It is up to each participant/team to decide if they want to set up individual pages for each swimmer or set up a team page. Whichever option is chosen, the minimum pledge raising goals must be met for each swimmer. (Number of swimmers X $500)**
- For full event details and requirements, visit the Got2Swim Registration Page.
Due to the limitations brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, the location of the 2020 Got2Swim 10K is TBD. If unforeseen limitations cause the in-person event to be canceled, registered participants will have the option of transferring their registration to the 2020 Got2Swim Virtual event.
NEW IN 2020: GOT2SWIM VIRTUAL 1 MILE, 5K, AND 10K EVENTS
The Got2Swim Virtual Swim is a solo fundraising event supporting Colin’s Hope and our drowning prevention programs.
- All registering participants are required to raise a minimum of $150 each to support Colin’s Hope and it’s drowning prevention initiatives as part of their registration commitment. Online customized peer-to-peer fundraising pages are available for soliciting and tracking donated funds and can be set up here.
- You are highly encouraged to have a Water Guardian accompany you on your swim(s) as a safety measure to support your swim needs (hydration, nutrition, directional guidance, etc.) and to assist in the case of an emergency. Your non-swimming Water Guardian can be the person of your choice.
- Open Water Safety Suggestions: A Water Guardian should paddle alongside in a kayak/SUP. If using a SUP, please ensure your Water Guardian 1) has experience paddling for long periods of time, 2) has experience paddling in rough water, and 3) can carry any necessary gear safely. All paddling Water Guardians are highly encouraged to wear a properly fitted and buckled U.S. Coast Guard Approved life jacket at all times in and near the water. It is strongly recommended that you purchase a SaferSwimmer flotation/training device. This adds to visibility and safety when training in open water where there is boat traffic. (SaferSwimmer flotation/training devices can be purchased through the Colin’s Hope webstore as well as other online outlets.)
- Pool Swim Safety Suggestions: It is recommended that a Water Guardian be a lifeguard on duty or, at a minimum, another competent adult committed to keep watch for the duration of your swim(s).
OPEN WATER SAFETY