World’s Largest Swimming Lesson Held Across Central Texas
Colin’s Hope is proud to have participated in the 2017 World’s Largest Swimming Lesson on Thursday, June 22! Thanks to many volunteers across the city, we were able to support not one, not two, but THREE events with our amazing partners. A Best Day Ever Thank You to Schlitterbahn – New Braunfels, SafeSplash Swim School – Anderson Mill, and The City of Lakeway for inviting us to share safety messages with their communities.
Additionally, a VERY SPECIAL Thank You to our media partners at FOX 7 Austin, CBS Austin – KEYE, KVUE, Community Impact Newspaper, Waterways Magazine, and KXAN News! All of the media coverage we receive for these events helps us keep water safety and the importance of learning to swim in the forefront of people’s minds.
So far, Texas has lost at least 47 children to fatal drownings! We must do all we can to talk about water safety to prevent drowning. Check out all of the stories below for a great recap of The World’s Largest Swimming Lesson, and listen for some great things we can all do to be safer near water!
- Schlitterbahn – New Braunfels – Live Facebook video from World’s Largest Swimming Lesson
- KVUE – Lakeway Swim Center – Alissa Magrum, Colin’s Hope Executive Director
- KVUE – SafeSplash Swim School
- KXAN – Lakeway Swim Center (Pre-event) – Laura Hudson, Aquatic Program Manager at Lakeway Swim Center
- KXAN – Lakeway Swim Center – Laura Hudson, Aquatic Program Manager at Lakeway Swim Center
- KXAN – Cat Hollow Park – Andrew Perrow, Aquatic Manager Brushy Creek MUD and Colin’s Hope Community Ambassador
- Community Impact Newspaper – Lakeway Swim Center