Registration for the 10th Annual Colin’s Hope Kids Triathlon is now open!
Since 2018 marks the 10th Anniversary of both the Kids Triathlon and Colin’s Hope, we are honoring our traditions by bringing back many of your favorite features from races past. This includes the elite wave (new last year) for our competitive racers ages 9-15, along with our standard rookie, junior and senior age groups.
Please Note: The USAT (USA Triathlon) racing age policy states athletes must participate based on their age as of December 31st of the year of the event (12/31/2018).
The event is limited to the first 400 registrants. Please register now, before the event opens to the general public, as previous years have sold out very, very quickly! We welcome and want athletes of all abilities.
A detailed Event Guide will be available for download soon. In the meantime, please make note of the following details. Should you have any questions before the Event Guide is distributed, please email email@example.com.
- AGE DIVISIONS & DISTANCES
- Rookies (ages 5-6), Swim – 25 meters, Bike – 0.5 miles, Run – 500 meters
- Juniors (ages 7-10), Swim – 100 meters, Bike – 2.2 miles, Run – 0.6 miles
- Seniors (ages 11-15), Swim – 200 meters, Bike – 4.4 miles, Run – 1.2 miles
- All Elite (ages 9-15), Swim – 200 meters, Bike – 4.4 miles, Run – 1.2 miles
- MANDATORY PACKET PICK-UP
- Save the date for the MANDATORY packet pick-up on Saturday, August 25
- As a USAT Sanctioned event, all participants are required to purchase a USAT Membership/Insurance License. The License ($10) can be purchased online (www.teamusa.org/usa-triathlon/membership-services/join-or-renew) or can be purchased at packet pick-up (via cash or check ONLY) before the event.
- NOTE: CREDIT CARDS ARE NOT ACCEPTED FOR LICENSES at Packet Pickup. Check or cash only.
- USAT (USA Triathlon) website and information: https://www.teamusa.org/usa-triathlon
Dedicate Your Race. Honor a Life.
One of our valued traditions is inviting athletes to connect with our mission by racing in honor and celebration of a child who has lost his or her life to a drowning or survived a non-fatal drowning. To do so, please go to the Families United to Prevent Drowning website, scroll to the bottom of the page and read the Stories Collection with your athlete(s). Choose a child from the collection that inspires your athlete and dedicate the race to honor his/her life. Colin’s Hope works side by side with all of the families represented. Email us and let us know in whose honor you are racing. In most cases, we can introduce you to the family, as they love to know that our athletes are honoring their children in such a special way.
Pledge to Prevent Drowning.
We encourage your competitor to participate in another of our traditions – pledge raising. Pledge raising is an important way our valued athlete’s help us raise awareness about drowning prevention and the Colin’s Hope mission as well as raise needed funds to keep that mission alive. We may not have the opportunity to reach your friends and family directly with our water safety messaging this year. However, you can reach them by sharing about your participation in the Kids Tri and how our mission has touched your family. Please become one of our awesome Athlete Ambassadors thru pledge raising!
We are setting the goal high and challenging our Kids Tri athletes to raise $15,000 for Colin’s Hope. Athletes and their families can raise pledges by simply sending the link to the Team Pledge Page to friends and family OR athletes can create their own pledge-raising website by visiting the Team Pledge Page and clicking the “BECOME A FUNDRAISER” button. ALL pledge raisers will receive a special item to identify them during the Triathlon and will be eligible to earn pledge-raising prizes!
We are so excited for you and your alumni athlete(s) to join us at the 2018 Colin’s Hope Kid’s Triathlon!
BEST DAY EVER!
Your Colin’s Hope Kids Tri Team
THANK YOU KIDS TRI SPONSORS!