Registration for the 11th Annual Colin’s Hope Kids Triathlon is now open!
2019 marks the 11th Anniversary of both the Kids Triathlon and Colin’s Hope! We are looking forward to seeing our repeat racers and fresh new faces. This year, we will bringing back the elite wave for our competitive racers ages 9-15, along with our standard rookie, junior and senior age groups.
Please Note: The USAT (USA Triathlon) racing age policy states athletes must participate based on their age as of December 31st of the year of the event (12/31/2019).
The event is limited to the first 400 registrants. Please register now, before the event opens to the general public, as previous years have sold out very, very quickly! We welcome and want athletes of all abilities.
REGISTERED ATHLETES: MANDATORY PACKET PICK-UP IS
SATURDAY, AUG. 24!
MANDATORY packet pick-up: Saturday, August 24, at Bicycle Sport Shop (Bee Cave Location – 12005 Bee Caves Rd, Austin, TX 78733) from 1-5PM
As a USAT Sanctioned event, all participants are required to purchase a USAT Membership/Insurance License. The License ($10) can be purchased online (preferred method: www.teamusa.org/usa-triathlon/membership-services/join-or-renew) or can be purchased at packet pick-up (via cash or check ONLY) before the event.
NOTE: CREDIT CARDS ARE NOT ACCEPTED FOR LICENSES AT PACKET PICKUP. Cash or check only.
- AGE DIVISIONS & DISTANCES
- Rookies (ages 5-6), Swim – 25 meters, Bike – 0.5 miles, Run – 500 meters
- Juniors (ages 7-10), Swim – 100 meters, Bike – 2.2 miles, Run – 0.6 miles
- Seniors (ages 11-15), Swim – 200 meters, Bike – 4.4 miles, Run – 1.2 miles
- All Elite (ages 9-15), Swim – 200 meters, Bike – 4.4 miles, Run – 1.2 miles
- RACE DAY SCHEDULE
- 7:00am Athletes arrive. Transition area open and body marking. Late packet pickup.
- 8:00am MANDATORY Rookie and parent briefing in transition area. Transition area closes for Rookies.
- 8:15am Rookie Waves start.
- 8:30am Transition closes for Junior, Senior, Elite. MANDATORY athlete briefing in transition area.
- 9:00am Elite wave start.
- 9:15am Junior wave starts, followed by Senior wave.
- MANDATORY PACKET PICK-UP
- Save the date for the MANDATORY packet pick-up on Saturday, August 24, at Bicycle Sport Shop (Bee Cave Location – 12005 Bee Caves Rd, Austin, TX 78733) from 1-5PM.
- As a USAT Sanctioned event, all participants are required to purchase a USAT Membership/Insurance License. The License ($10) can be purchased online (preferred; www.teamusa.org/usa-triathlon/membership-services/join-or-renew) or can be purchased at packet pick-up (via cash or check ONLY) before the event.
- NOTE: CREDIT CARDS ARE NOT ACCEPTED FOR LICENSES AT PACKET PICKUP. Cash or check only.
- USAT (USA Triathlon) website and information: https://www.teamusa.org/usa-triathlon
- Are you new to the sport of triathlon and want more training tips? View our full length Training Tip guide here.
Dedicate Your Race. Honor a Life.
One of our valued traditions is inviting athletes to connect with our mission by racing in honor and celebration of a child who has lost his or her life to a drowning or survived a non-fatal drowning. To do so, please go to the Families United to Prevent Drowning website, scroll to the bottom of the page and read the Stories Collection with your athlete(s). Choose a child from the collection that inspires your athlete and dedicate the race to honor his/her life. Colin’s Hope works side by side with all of the families represented. The families love to know that our athletes are honoring their children in such a special way. Colin’s Hope will connect you with the family and other Kids Tri athletes who are doing the same to help make this the BEST TRI EVER!
Pledge to Prevent Drowning.
We encourage your competitor to participate in another one of our traditions – pledge raising. Pledge raising is an important way our valued athlete’s help us raise awareness about drowning prevention and the Colin’s Hope mission as well as raise needed funds to keep that mission alive. We may not have the opportunity to reach your friends and family directly with our water safety messaging this year. However, you can reach them by sharing about your participation in the Kids Tri and how our mission has touched your family. Please become one of our awesome Athlete Ambassadors through pledge raising!
We are setting the goal high and challenging our Kids Tri athletes to raise $15,000 for Colin’s Hope. Athletes and their families can raise pledges by simply sending the link to the Team Pledge Page to friends and family OR athletes can create their own pledge-raising website by visiting the Team Pledge Page and clicking the “BECOME A FUNDRAISER” button. ALL pledge raisers will receive a special item to identify them during the Triathlon and will be eligible to earn pledge-raising prizes!
We are so excited for you and your alumni athlete(s) to join us at the 2019 Colin’s Hope Kid’s Triathlon!
BEST DAY EVER!
Your Colin’s Hope Kids Tri Team