Colin’s Hope receives NDPA Community Lifesaver Award
Colin’s Hope is incredibly proud and honored that OUR work has been acknowledged both locally and now nationally with the the National Drowning Prevention Alliance 2016 Community Lifesaver Award. Thank you to all our sponsors, partners, donors and volunteers who are helping us work towards our vision of a world where children do not drown.
Congratulations, Colin’s Hope has been awarded a 2016 NDPA Community Lifesaver Award.
With this award, the National Drowning Prevention Alliance desires to acclaim and honor exceptional work in the advancement of water safety and drowning prevention at the community level prior to our annual conference.
The criteria for the award review are an individual or organization’s water safety work, with at least two of the following:
- Assumed a leadership role in local or regional awareness of the potential for drowning ·
- Demonstrated outstanding achievement in creating awareness of proven drowning prevention strategies
- Made a significant contribution (such as development and implementation/distribution of a product or program) that significantly improved water safety for children and/or adults
- Successfully promoted the use of new drowning prevention trends or technologies
- Viewed as a local or regional advocate for drowning prevention by increasing public attention at the policy making level
- Successfully implemented an innovative existing or new program in an area where none previously existed
- Successfully implemented an innovative existing or new program with the foundation to continue a minimum of five years
An award ceremony will be held at the 2016 National Drowning Prevention Alliance Educational Conference in Phoenix, AZ on Tuesday March 29 at 3pm during our general session.
Congratulations and thank you for your strong work in water safety and drowning prevention!
Adam B. Katchmarchi
NDPA Vice President